As an internet marketer you want your content read by as many people as possible. We all look at the search engines to achieve that goal. And for good reason. Search engines can give you a lot of traffic. But these days there are other options as well. There are many ways to syndicate your content. Facebook and Twitter immediately come to mind. And yes they are great ways to get your content out. But have you ever considered using PDF files? There are many advantages to using pdf files.
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider using pdf files to syndicate your content:
- Pdf files can be read on pretty much any computer and mobile device imaginable. It is compatible with most platforms, so your documents can be read anytime anywhere
- Pdf files preserve the format and visuals. There are no conversions needed to read the file, which means that they will see your content exactly as you put it together.
- You can add links to your site, and readers can simply click those links to visit you. And you are not limited to one or two links, like in article marketing. You can add as many links as you want. Your only concern is to keep the document easy to read. That is your only limitation as to how many links you should allow yourself.
- It is completely compatible with all browsers. Another advantage that makes your content available to a large audience without sacrificing layout or content.
- Pdf’s can be created from any source document. For instance, with OpenOffice.org (open source software for text, spreadsheets, presentations and drawings) all you have to do is File -> Export as PDF and you have your pdf file.
Once you have created your document, you can syndicate it through the many pdf file sharing sites that are available. Here are some examples:
As with other social media platforms, these sites all have good pagerank (ranging from 4 to 9) and lots of social traffic.
Think about it. If you write blog posts on a regular basis, you could easily convert them into pdf’s, Add some links back to other relevant blog posts or products you own or promote and some images. Upload to the above mentioned platforms and you have just created a whole new source of traffic.
Are you using this way of generating more traffic to your site. Without having to create more content! I would love to hear from you. Leave your comments below. It is much appreciated.To your success,